After a Gastric Bypass or Bariatric Surgery, you can be left with large amounts of loose, sagging skin due to the rapid massive weight loss. This loose skin can accumulate anywhere that excess fat existed prior to the surgery. Patients often have hanging skin on the breasts, abdomen, buttocks, thighs, waist, hips, arms, upper back, face and neck. Dr. Seify knows how it feels for patient to have a life changing massive weight loss surgery and to now face what may feel like an overwhelming amount of loose, sagging skin. Dr. Seify has helped hundreds of patients look and feel good again after Bariatric Surgery and can’t wait to help you look as good as you feel.
Post Gastric Bypass or Bariatric Surgery Options
There are many surgical options Dr. Seify may use to remove the excess skin and tissue after gastric bypass, gastric banding or a gastric sleeving surgery. Depending on the area of the body where the loose skin resides and the possibilities include:
• A breast lift with or without breast augmentation or implants to lift and enhance the breasts
• An abdominoplasty or tummy tuck surgery to remove the loose skin and tissue on your stomach
• A flankplasty to remove the excess skin and tissue around the waist and upper hips, also referred to as “muffin top” or “love handles”
• A lower body lift, which is a full circumference removal of the loose skin and tissue of the abdomen, waist and upper buttocks
• A buttocks lift to lift the position of a drooping buttocks
• A thigh lift to remove excess skin and tissue from the inner thighs, outer thighs, and the back or front of the thighs
• Upper back lift to remove the excess sagging skin and tissue of the upper back that gives us “back rolls”
• An arm lift to remove the “bat wings” or draping skin of the upper arm
• A facelift and neck lift, to remove the sagging skin left on the face, jowls and neck
Dr. Seify may perform one or a combination of the plastic surgery procedures mentioned above with a customized approach tailored to your individual needs. He may also need to separate the procedures into multiple stages to minimize risks and achieve the optimal results. During your comprehensive consultation, Dr. Seify will take the time to discuss the options and how to best approach your surgical treatment plan, while providing you specific details of each surgery. Dr. Seify and his staff are committed to achieving the highest levels of patient satisfaction, so you can be confident that you are in good hands.
Dr. Seify is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with extensive credentials, excellent reputation and experience helping patients in the Newport Beach area look their best. To learn more about cosmetic plastic surgery options following bariatric surgery click here or contact us to set up your personal consultation with. There has been a great deal of progress made in the area of post massive weight loss plastic surgery and Dr. Seify is ready to help you determine which option is best for you.