A thorough pre-operative preparation will create a solid foundation for a successful open rhinoplasty cosmetic surgery. Patients who are well-prepared for the surgery will typically attain safer outcomes and have a quicker recovery. Dr. Hisham Seify is a board certified plastic surgeon providing open rhinoplasty to patients in Newport Beach, Orange County, CA, and surrounding locations.
Prior to the Consultation
Once the patient has made up their mind to proceed with open rhinoplasty, the preparation process can begin from that very moment. The following preparatory steps can be accomplished in advance to save time during the pre-op consultation:
- Arrange to send the previous medical records from the physician and specialist to the office of the surgeon. This will help the surgeon to know about any health concerns such as sinus, breathing problems, chronic conditions or allergies.
- Get in touch with the health insurer to discuss if open rhinoplasty plastic surgery costs may be fully or partly covered under specific circumstances.
- Collect the relevant insurance documents to carry to the surgeon’s office for the initial consultation.
- Prepare a detailed list of currently used prescription and non-prescription drugs, including herbal supplements and vitamins.
- Review the website of the surgeon to acquire basic information about the practice before the consultation.
- Make a note of specific questions and concerns that need to be addressed during the consultation.
- Choose images from websites or magazines that represent the type of nose or the face that the patient desires.
Candidacy and Surgery Planning
Based on a physical exam of the patient’s nasal and facial anatomy as well as a review of their health records, the surgeon will determine candidacy for open rhinoplasty. The surgeon will also assess the patient’s personal cosmetic goals to create a customized nose surgery plan.
As part of the pre-operative preparation, the surgeon may present open rhinoplasty before and after photos before the patient to help them form realistic expectations. The patient should review as many photos as required, and may also request for testimonials of previous patients to learn from their experience.
Once the final decision to go ahead with the surgery is made, the process for insurance or a financial loan application can also be initiated well in time. Amazing and reliable cosmetic surgeon Dr. Seify receives patients from Newport Beach, Orange County, CA, and nearby areas and suburbs in this part of The Golden State for open rhinoplasty.
Prior to the Surgery
The patient should preferably arrange in advance for transportation and aftercare, if necessary. They will require someone to drive them back home safely after the procedure. Particularly if the patient has little kids, they may need someone to help with the household chores for the first few days.
Before the surgery, the patient will be required to quit smoking for a specified time period, and their schedule of ongoing medications and supplements may also have to be adjusted. They should take a healthy diet which is rich in lean proteins. They should go over the post-op recovery instructions and plan for any advance arrangements ahead of the surgery.