Category Archives: skin Cancer
Skin Cancer Risk are Higher in Sunny PlacesGeographical areas that have high exposure to the sun have populations that are at greater risk for developing skin cancer. Patients are encouraged to wear sunscreen daily even when the marine layer is present and it appears as though the sun is not shining. Patients are discouraged from using tanning beds as the link to skin cancer has been proven for many years. Medical professionals urge patients to check for any discolorations in the skin including a change in moles. It is recommended that patients have moles removed that have changed in color, cause pain or discomfort, or are bleeding.
Skin Cancer Care at Newport Plastic SurgeryDr. Seify can remove moles that are suspicious, and many patients choose Dr. Seify as a reconstructive plastic surgeon to remove moles in an effort to reduce visible scarring. Many patients are surprised to learn that mole removal is typically very deep and will usually require stitches. Dr. Seify also treats patients who have been diagnosed with skin cancer. Often times after the removal of the cancerous area there could be areas that can benefit from skin grafting. As an ASPS board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Seify is experienced and qualified to help patients restore the most natural appearance possible. Dr. Seify encourages patients who are diagnosed with skin cancer or desire mole removal to contact the office and schedule a plastic surgery consultation to discuss their surgical options.
Skin Cancer is PreventableWhile the money and effort to reduce indoor tanning have traditionally emphasized use by adolescents, “This study implies that as adolescents grow into young adults, they may continue to require environmental support to develop and maintain healthy behaviors and to modify their perspectives about tanning,” study researcher Anne Hartman, of the National Cancer Institute, said in a statement.
Skin Cancer and Premature Aging of the SkinSkin cancer and premature aging of the skin caused by excessive exposure to the sun and tanning beds can often be the reason why patients seek a consultation with Dr. Seify. Dr Seify performs reconstructive surgery for patients after surgery removing skin cancer. For cosmetic surgery procedures Dr. Seify explains that depending on the degree of sun damage patientscan expect varying results from facial rejuvenation procedures. For instance, a faceliftincluding browlift, and blepharoplastycan help the patient to look as much is 10 years younger after surgery. For patients with extensive sun damage the results could be compromised. Dr. Seify offers medical grade aggressive skin peels and medical grade skincareproducts to help patients maintain healthy and vibrant skin. Patients are encouraged to utilize medical grade skin care products on a regular basis combined with sunscreen on a daily basis.
Small Changes, Giant ResultsFirst, plastic surgery isn’t all about high stakes and drastic measures. It’s also not about hating the skin you’re in. Many people are perfectly happy with their appearance, but there’s that one wrinkle that plagues them every time they look in the mirror. Or perhaps you’ve slaved away since last New Year’s Day at the gym only to see that one trouble area persist. Some of the small procedures available today can yield enormous results without breaking your pocket book or forcing you to take time off work. These include:
- Botox/Injectable Fillers
- Cellulite/Fat Reduction
- Skin Peels/Facials
- Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Laser Vein Treatment
Getting Around GeneticsGenetics also play an enormous role in the structural shape of your body. Oftentimes your trouble spots are entirely out of your control. Adjusting these areas of your body can do wonders for your self-confidence, socializing, and quality of life. As plastic surgery grows in popularity, the possibilities have exploded.
- Blepharoplasty is one plastic surgery that may even be covered by your insurance. If your genetics have cursed you with baggy eyelids that obscure your field of vision, you may be eligible to shave off most of the cost to see clearly.
- Otoplasty is designed to reduce the size of large ears and help them lie closer to the head.
- Breast enhancements and breast lifts are some of the most popular plastic surgeries to date. These procedures can completely change a woman’s figure. If you’ve been yearning for a more feminine shape, this type of surgery can also open up an entirely new world of clothing options.
- Gynecomastias can help a man pare down an ample chest and create a more masculine contour.
Aiding the Exercise RegimenA big part of being the best version of yourself includes making sure that you practice a healthy lifestyle. Exercise and eating right are two non-surgical changes that can often make the most drastic difference. But if the exercise bike and the weights just aren’t cutting it, body sculpting can help take you that one last mile.
- Liposuction can remove a stubborn chunk that just won’t budge. Maybe it’s on your thighs or your abdomen, or maybe your upper arms are feeling a little extra cushiony. Oftentimes our bodies store fat in one awkward area. Liposuction can remove fat cells from that specific area and improve your shape permanently.
- Abdominoplasty is most popular with mothers. Child-bearing causes your body to undergo enormous changes. This procedure removes stretched out skin, allowing you to regain that pre-child bikini belly. An abdominoplasty is often performed in conjunction with a “Mommy Makeover” where a breast lift, liposuction, and breast augmentation can help you bounce back to your original figure.