Facelift revision cosmetic surgery is a major procedure that should be preceded by a comprehensive consultation process. This will help ensure that the patient’s goals are achieve safely and more effectively.
Board certified and cordial plastic surgeon Dr. Hisham Seify provides facelift revision surgery to patients in Newport Beach, Orange County, CA, and surrounding locations.
Patient’s Cosmetic Goals
During the pre-operative consultation, you will get a chance to discuss your aesthetic goals with the surgeon. The surgeon will assess you as a revision facelift candidate and inform you about what this procedure can offer you. After the surgeon comprehends your goals and health conditions, they may recommend alternative and additional procedures as well (see associated procedures).
Providing Information to the Surgeon
It is vital to be transparent and forthcoming during the consultation. You can carry images of yourself at a younger age as these may serve as a useful reference point while discussing your objectives.
To make the discussion more effective, you should be thoroughly prepared to respond to the following questions:
- Do you suffer from any health conditions or drug allergies? Are you receiving treatment for any health issues?
- What are meds, vitamins, and herbal supplements do you use currently?
- What are your behaviors regarding alcohol, tobacco, and recreational drug use?
- What results do you anticipate from the facelift revision procedure?
- What are your primary reasons for considering a revision facelift?
Other Aspects of the Consultation
During the consultation, your surgeon may:
- Ask you to view a mirror and indicate the exact areas that you would want to be improved
- Take images for your health record, measure your face, and utilize computer imaging to display the potential improvements to you
- Assess your medical status, including pre-existing medical conditions or risk factors
- Evaluate the skin’s elasticity
- Discuss the options available to you and recommend the treatment course of treatment
- Discuss the possible results as well as risks or potential complications
- Discuss the anesthesia type that is appropriate for you
Your Treatment Plan
On the basis of your goals, physical attributes and the training and expertise of the surgeon, your surgeon will offer you the following recommendations and information:
- The surgical approach including the type of procedure or combination of procedures
- The results that you can expect
- Your financial implications for the revision facelift surgery
- The inherent risks and complications
- Anesthesia alternatives and surgical venue
- Pre-surgery preparations
- Post-surgery expectations and preparations for the recovery phase
- Before-and-after images of previous revision facelift candidates
Furthermore, the surgeon will address any questions or concerns that you may have enabling you to make a well-considered decision.
The surgeon will use the consultation appointment as an opportunity to inform you on various facets of revision facelift to help you make an educated decision. They will answer any questions or clarify any doubts that you may have regarding revision facelift surgery.
A dedicated surgeon will take time to understand your concerns attentively while addressing them satisfactorily. The surgeon may also present you with before and after pictures and testimonials of past patient to help you understand the procedure from another patient’s viewpoint.
The surgeon will offer comprehensive pre and post-procedure guidelines to help you prepare for the revision facelift surgical procedure and the subsequent recovery phase. Compassionate cosmetic surgeon Dr. Hisham Seify receives patients from Newport Beach, Orange County, CA, and other cities and towns in this part of the southwest for facelift revision surgery.