A Non-Ablative Fotona SMOOTH® Mode Treatment for Tightening of the Periocular Region
- Immediate freshness and tightness of the periocular area
- Stimulates collagen remodeling and initiates neocollagenesis
- Little-to-no downtime
- Gentle, fast and non-invasive
- Safe and precisely controlled
Fotona SMOOTH® modality Er:YAG reduces wrinkles around the eyes in a non-invasive approach. The non-ablative Er:YAG SMOOTH® mode is applied to stimulate collagen remodeling and contraction. The entire periocular region is covered, including regions above, below and lateral to the eye. The therapy is very well tolerated by patients, with no discomfort described.
What is SmoothEye®?
SmoothEye® is a new and exciting non-ablative Fotona SMOOTH® mode treatment for tightening of the periocular region and reducing the appearance of periorbital wrinkles. SmoothEye® significantly tightens loose and aging skin of the eyelids and periocular region with little-to-no downtime and maximum patient comfort, making this a very sought after non-invasive cosmetic procedure.
After a few treatment sessions, the result is improved skin elasticity, overall structure, and volume with significant wrinkle reduction.
Advantages of Fotona SMOOTH® Mode
Fotona’s revolutionary non-ablative Fotona SMOOTH® mode treats the skin in a smooth, almost “feather-like” non-ablative manner, without bleeding and with precisely controlled temperature deposition. The optical energy is delivered in a unique, sub-second long pulse sequence which prevents temperature build-up at the surface and achieves homogeneous heating within several hundred micrometers of the tissue.
Fotona SMOOTH® mode is ideal for skin tightening. The intense, controlled surface tissue heating stimulates collagen remodeling and initiates neocollagenesis. The result is an overall improvement of wrinkles, laxity and elasticity in the treatment areas around the eyes.
Getting started with SmoothEye®
Training in SmoothEye® is provided through the Laser and Health Academy as a part of a training workshop in Fotona’s minimally invasive aesthetic treatments, under the guidance of experts in medical laser technology. The extensive workshop, where participants engage in live demonstrations and gain an in-depth understanding of laser-tissue interaction, will provide the needed insight into the fundamentals of non-invasive aesthetic treatments and other procedures that can be performed with Fotona laser systems.
The following dual-wavelength laser systems from Fotona are ideal for Fotona4D® plus a wide range of other skin resurfacing and rejuvenation treatments:
- The Dynamis Pro multi-application systems from Fotona provide a single, uniquely capable and full-featured solution offering the power of ultra-high performance Er:YAG and Nd:YAG lasers, ideal for a wide range of applications in aesthetics and dermatology. The SP Dynamis also includes an additional surgical QCW Nd:YAG laser for lipolysis and many other surgical procedures.
- The TimeWalker® Fotona4D® is a next-generation Er:YAG and Nd:YAG aesthetic laser dedicated to facial aesthetic treatments. With a unique combination of Fotona’s advanced laser technology and proprietary ASP-powered treatment modes, TimeWalker® is designed and optimized for non-invasive face lifting procedures such as Fotona4D®, SmoothEye® and LipLase™.
Handpieces & Accessories
Fotona’s specially designed, innovative handpiece technology allows safe, precisely controlled and optimal delivery of laser pulses to the treatment area. More information about handpieces and other accessories is available on the Dynamis Pro and TimeWalker® Fotona4D® product pages.