Assessing Patient’s GoalsOnly the patient is in the right position to explain her reasons for seeking breast lift plastic surgery. She should feel free to share her cosmetic goals and needs, and whether she is unhappy about the sagging breasts or the size of breasts or both. A procedure such as breast lift is a personal journey, and the patient should not choose it just due to pressure from someone else. She should have clear aesthetic priorities and a positive mindset about the surgery. The breast surgeon will support through this process during the preparatory stage.
Plastic Surgery Online ForumsAs a part of the preparation, the candidate for breast lift should connect with other women who may have undergone breast lift in the past and are willing to share their experiences. Social media, online discussion forums, and platforms such as RealSelf offer an opportunity to interact with others and provide practical, real-world information and advice about breast lift. Listening to first-hand experiences and tips from others and enlisting community support will help a woman prepare much better for breast lift surgery.
Candidacy RequirementsThe cosmetic surgeon will determine a woman’s candidacy before recommending breast lift surgery to her. The patient should be having good general health and stable body weight. She should not be having plans for a weight loss program or a pregnancy in the near future. The surgeon will help her to develop realistic expectations and encourage her to review as many breast lift before and after photographs as possible. As a part of health evaluation, the surgeon may order specialized mammograms in some cases.
Prior to the SurgeryTo prepare for breast lift surgery, the patient will have to follow certain guidelines, which may include:
- Stop smoking for a certain period as advised by the surgeon before the surgery to minimize the risk of poor healing.
- Refrain from using blood thinning drugs, herbal supplements, vitamins and certain other medications for at least two weeks as advised by the surgeon.
- Adjusting the schedule of any prescription medications in consultation with the primary care physician.
- Arranging for aftercare and transportation to return home after the breast lift surgery.
- Applying for leave at the workplace for at least one week to have a stress-free recovery at home.