Before the SurgeryThe following tasks should ideally be completed by the patient well before the scheduled date of liposuction plastic surgery, once the surgeon has cleared the patient’s candidacy for this procedure:
- Arrange to send the medical records from the physician and hospital to the surgeon’s office.
- Prepare a list of all prescription and non-prescription drugs, including herbal supplements and vitamins that the patient may be currently taking.
- Get any lab tests or x-rays done as advised by the surgeon.
- If necessary, adjust the schedule of ongoing prescription drugs in consultation with the physician.
- Avoid smoking for a certain period of time before and after liposuction as instructed by the surgeon.
- Complete any urgent tasks at home or work well in advance in order to ensure a stress-free post-operative recovery.
- If required, arrange for aftercare for the first week after the surgery.
A Day before the SurgeryJust a day before the liposuction surgery, the patient can follow a few simple tips, which the surgeon’s staff may have advised:
- Rest adequately during the day and sleep well on the night prior to the surgery.
- Do not eat or drink for eight hours before the surgery.
- Avoid using alcoholic drinks for at least 48 hours before the surgery.
- Do not wear makeup, jewelry, nail paint, body piercings, or contact lenses on the day of the surgery.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothes on way to the surgery center. In case of upper body liposuction, choose a top with front buttons so you can take your top off easier when you get home and so on.
- Diabetics should have their vital parameters checked on the morning of the surgery.