Prior to the ConsultationThe preparation can begin from the moment the patient has made up their mind to undergo rhinoplasty. To save time during the consultation with the surgeon, they can take the following preparatory steps in advance:
- Arrange to send their past health records from the physician and the specialists to the surgeon’s office. The surgeon will need to review any pre-existing medical conditions, sinus, breathing concerns, or allergies to determine their candidacy for nose plastic surgery.
- Contact their medical insurance company to inquire whether full or partial costs of rhinoplasty may be covered by insurance under certain circumstances.
- Note down all the prescription and non-prescription medications, including vitamins and herbal supplements that the patient may be currently taking.
- Take a detailed look at the surgeon’s website to learn about their practice as well as rhinoplasty procedure and improve familiarity for a productive consultation.
- Prepare a list of questions that the patient may like to ask from the surgeon during the consultation in order to clear any doubts or concerns.