Any surgical procedure, including rhinoplasty, should be preceded by a careful preparation so that the patient is fully ready to undergo the cosmetic surgery.
If the patient is well-prepared, they are likely to feel more confident about the procedure, and achieve safer and better results in the end. Dr. Hisham Seify is an ABPS board certified plastic surgeon providing rhinoplasty to patients in Newport Beach, Orange County, CA, and surrounding communities across the landscape.
Prior to the Consultation
The preparation can begin from the moment the patient has made up their mind to undergo rhinoplasty. To save time during the consultation with the surgeon, they can take the following preparatory steps in advance:
- Arrange to send their past health records from the physician and the specialists to the surgeon’s office. The surgeon will need to review any pre-existing medical conditions, sinus, breathing concerns, or allergies to determine their candidacy for nose plastic surgery.
- Contact their medical insurance company to inquire whether full or partial costs of rhinoplasty may be covered by insurance under certain circumstances.
- Note down all the prescription and non-prescription medications, including vitamins and herbal supplements that the patient may be currently taking.
- Take a detailed look at the surgeon’s website to learn about their practice as well as rhinoplasty procedure and improve familiarity for a productive consultation.
- Prepare a list of questions that the patient may like to ask from the surgeon during the consultation in order to clear any doubts or concerns.
Fitness and Diet
As far as possible, the patient should start having balanced meals in the weeks or months ahead of the rhinoplasty surgery. They may increase the intake of lean proteins to some extent to prepare their body better for the surgery and post-op healing.
They should also start following a regular exercise regiment to improve their fitness levels. Staying healthy and fit will increase the patient’s resilience and put them in a stronger mental and physical position to sustain the surgery as well as recovery.
Before the Surgery
Rhinoplasty will involve an estimated downtime of about one week. Therefore, working people should apply for leave from their workplace well in advance, and also request for a second week of low physical activity at work. It is a good idea to complete any pressing household or office assignments prior to the surgery, so that the patient can go through a stress-free surgery as well as recovery.
Rhinoplasty will be performed as an outpatient surgery, and the patient can return home the same day. They should arrange for someone responsible to drive them back home after the surgery. They should also preferably arrange for aftercare for a few days to have a more comfortable recovery, particularly if they have little kids to look after at home.
On the night before the surgery, the patient should take adequate rest and sleep. In the morning, they should wear loose fitting clothes with front buttons on their way to the surgery center. Astute and dedicated cosmetic surgeon Dr. Seify receives patients from Newport Beach, Orange County, CA, and nearby areas.