Liposuction cosmetic surgery is a fairly customizable procedure that can be tailored to meet the individual aesthetic needs of a patient.
For a new patient, it is important to comprehend all aspects of this procedure in order to make a well-considered choice. The patient should clarify all their doubts and concerns with the surgeon, and should proceed with the procedure only once they are fully satisfied.
The patient will be required to fill up the consent forms declaring that they have fully understood the potential risks associated with the procedure, and accept those risks. Therefore, they should carefully weigh their options and make an objective decision.
Fabulous, committed, and board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Hisham Seify will answer the patient’s questions with accuracy and in sufficient detail. Dr. Seify provides liposuction to patients in Newport Beach, Orange County, CA, and other cities and suburbs in this part of the southwest.
The patient should ask questions about the surgeon’s background and choose to go ahead with the procedure after considering their qualifications, experience and certifications.
- Are you board certified in plastic surgery?
- How many years of training and experience do you have in the field of plastic surgery?
- Have you specifically performed liposuction procedure in the past?
- What is your success rate with respect to surgical procedures in general?
- Would you suggest general anesthesia for liposuction, or perform tumescent liposuction using local anesthesia?
Familiarity with the Practice
- Can I have access to a few liposuction ‘before and after’ images as well as testimonials of previous patients at your practice?
- Is it possible for me to talk to any of your staff members to know more about your practice?
- Is your office equipped to handle emergencies?
- Do you have a policy at your practice in the event of a need for a revisionary procedure following liposuction?
- How long will it take to perform liposuction in the surgery room?
- Do I make a good candidate for liposuction cosmetic surgery?
- Do you recommend liposuction in combination with another procedure to achieve the desired outcome?
- Can you provide me with a video or images of the actual liposuction surgery being performed?
- Will the surgery in my case be performed as an outpatient procedure?
- What are the potential risks and complications involved in liposuction?
- What steps can I take to reduce the risk?
- Will I need to re-schedule my existing medications or herbal supplements?
- Should I acquire an insurance policy against potential risks and complications during surgery?
- What will be the approximate downtime involved?
- Is the recovery going to be long and painful?
- What kind of temporary lifestyle changes I may be required to adopt?
- How long will I be required to wear the compression garment after liposuction?
The patient should also freely ask questions about the estimated costs and financing of liposuction surgery. Profound and perspicacious cosmetic surgeon Dr. Seify receives patients from Newport Beach, Orange County, CA, and nearby areas in this geographical region of The Golden State for liposuction.