Open rhinoplasty is usually performed when the patient requires significant changes to the shape or size of the nose. Patients considering this cosmetic surgery should feel free to ask questions during the pre-op consultation and gain complete clarity about the procedure as well as the surgeon’s practice in order to make the right choices.
A dedicated and cordial surgeon will take care to answer all questions of the patient in detail and ensure that their concerns and doubts are properly resolved.
Their first goal will be to help the patient make an informed decision about open rhinoplasty. Patients in Newport Beach, Orange County, CA, and surrounding communities across the landscape have an opportunity to receive open rhinoplasty and various other procedures from board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Hisham Seify.
Questions about the Surgeon
- Do you have a board certification in plastic surgery?
- How long have you trained specifically in the area of cosmetic surgery?
- Have you previous performed nose surgery, and what is your patient satisfaction rate?
- Would you perform the surgery at a hospital or an accredited surgical center?
- Do you have operating privileges at a local hospital?
- In case of an emergency, will your practice be equipped to deal with it?
- Do I have some recourse in case my open rhinoplasty plastic surgery results are not satisfactory?
Questions about the Surgery
- Am I a suitable candidate for open rhinoplasty?
- Would you perform my procedure using general or local anesthesia?
- Will the procedure involve an overnight stay at the surgical facility?
- What are the potential risks and complications associated with open rhinoplasty?
- Will I be required to take some pre-operative preparatory steps or precautions?
- Will I be able to continue taking my ongoing medications and supplements?
- How long and painful will be the post-op recovery?
- Can I review open rhinoplasty before and after photos of your previous patients?
Questions about the Cost
- What will be the estimated cost of open rhinoplasty in my case?
- Does your quoted price cover pre- and post-surgical expenses?
- Will the costs of anesthesia and surgical venue be charged separately?
- Are there any situations where I can be eligible for a rebate or a package price?
- Does open rhinoplasty become more cost-effective if I combine it with other surgical or non-surgical procedures?
- Is insurance coverage possible in open rhinoplasty in certain cases?
- Will your office be able to guide me with regard to any third party financing options?
The best way for a patient to ensure that all their questions are covered during the initial consultation is to note them down in advance and carry the list to the surgeon’s office. In any case, a committed surgeon will try to address most of the issues from their own side during the consultation process.
Patient should feel free to ask again wherever they have not fully understood the surgeon’s answer. Tremendous and percipient cosmetic surgeon Dr. Seify receives patients from Newport Beach, Orange County, CA, and nearby areas for open rhinoplasty.