Breast augmentation cosmetic surgery is a major procedure involving surgical insertion of breast implants. An experienced cosmetic surgeon will encourage patients to ask questions during the initial consultation to clarify all their concerns about the procedure.
Dr. Hisham Seify is a board certified plastic surgeon providing breast implant surgery to patients in Newport Beach, Orange County, CA, and surrounding communities. Some of the common questions that his patients usually ask with regard to breast implant plastic surgery are listed here.
Questions about the Surgeon’s Background
One of the key concerns of a new patient to know about the qualifications and experience of the cosmetic surgeon who will perform the breast implant procedure. Some of the common questions in this context may include the following:
- Are you a board certified plastic surgeon?
- Do you have experience in performing breast augmentation surgery specifically?
- How many breast implant cosmetic surgery procedures to you perform annually?
- What is the success rate as well as the rate of revision procedures?
- Where will the breast implant procedure be performed?
Questions about Other Patients
- Can you provide before and after photos?
- Can I interact with one or more patients in Newport Beach, Orange County, CA or other areas who have had you as their cosmetic surgeon?
- Can I interact with your staff to understand more about your practice?
- What is your policy in case there is a need for breast revision?
- Do you have a video where I can watch the procedure?
Questions about Implants
- Which type of implants will be more suited in my case?
- What should be the appropriate implant size for my body?
- Will the procedure result in loss of sensation in the breasts?
- Can I perform breastfeeding after implant surgery?
- Will the procedure have an adverse impact on periodic mammograms?
- What is the warranty policy for implants, and what is cost for replacement?
Questions about Complications
- Could you explain me about the potential risks involved?
- Are the complications preventable?
- What precautions would I need to prevent damage to breast implants?
- In case of complications, what is the expense policy of your practice?
- Should I insure myself to cover against possible complications?
Questions about Preparation and Recovery
- Will the procedure involve any diet or lifestyle changes before and after the surgery?
- What remedies can I use to treat bruising, swelling, and pain?
- Are any changes necessary with regard to my regular pills?
- How long should I expect to stay off from work?
- How long is the healing process going to be?
- When can I resume my usual exercise and activities?
- In case of an emergency, how should I reach you?
In many cases, the surgeon will address most of these issues of their own accord during the initial consultations. However, the patient should be ready with these questions and satisfy herself completely prior to going ahead with the surgery.
Click here to schedule a consultation or call 949-251-1502