Tag Archives: orange county plastic surgery
Professional CredentialsThe judicious and salient Dr. Hisham M. Seify M.D, PhD, FACS, is a diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) and an active member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Seify has nearly 13 years of post-graduate training behind him. Some of his professional career highlights include:
- UCLA Assistant Clinical Professor
- Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- US News Top Doctor of America 2012-2017
- Orange County Physicians of Excellence Award 2013-2017
- Sherrell Aston Award ASAPS 2007
Why Select an ABPS Board Certified Surgeon?The American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) is the foremost professional board of plastic surgery certification in the US, and the only board recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties. The board certifies only a limited number of surgeons every year after a rigorous selection process. Patients who choose a board certified plastic surgeon for a procedure such as liposuction are automatically assured that the surgeon would have attained a certain minimum number of years of training specifically in the field of plastic surgery, in addition to general surgery training. ABPS board certified plastic surgeons typically invest in high quality standards and best practices, adopt cutting edge surgical techniques and technology, pursue continuing education, and follow the latest safety protocols. Such commitment enables surgeons such as Dr. Seify to deliver outstanding results in liposuction and other procedures to every patient.
Personalized CareDr. Seify will ensure that he remains accessible to his liposuction patients from the initial consultation to the stages of actual surgery and recovery. He will closely engage with them and establish a good rapport. A relationship of trust and open communications allows him to understand the patient’s unique cosmetic needs and goals. He will incorporate this feedback to create a customized liposuction surgery plan. He maintains a delicate balance between the principles of science and art to create sculpted outcomes in liposuction that are also healthy and natural looking. Dr. Seify receives patients from Newport Beach, Orange County, CA, and nearby areas for liposuction. See more procedures and treatments by plastic surgeon Dr. Hisham Seify in Newport Beach, Orange County, , Irvine, Anaheim, Fullerton, Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, CA and surrounding areas.
Surgeon’s CredentialsThe patient should ask questions about the surgeon’s background and choose to go ahead with the procedure after considering their qualifications, experience and certifications.
- Are you board certified in plastic surgery?
- How many years of training and experience do you have in the field of plastic surgery?
- Have you specifically performed liposuction procedure in the past?
- What is your success rate with respect to surgical procedures in general?
- Would you suggest general anesthesia for liposuction, or perform tumescent liposuction using local anesthesia?
Familiarity with the Practice
- Can I have access to a few liposuction ‘before and after’ images as well as testimonials of previous patients at your practice?
- Is it possible for me to talk to any of your staff members to know more about your practice?
- Is your office equipped to handle emergencies?
- Do you have a policy at your practice in the event of a need for a revisionary procedure following liposuction?
- How long will it take to perform liposuction in the surgery room?
- Do I make a good candidate for liposuction cosmetic surgery?
- Do you recommend liposuction in combination with another procedure to achieve the desired outcome?
- Can you provide me with a video or images of the actual liposuction surgery being performed?
- Will the surgery in my case be performed as an outpatient procedure?
- What are the potential risks and complications involved in liposuction?
- What steps can I take to reduce the risk?
- Will I need to re-schedule my existing medications or herbal supplements?
- Should I acquire an insurance policy against potential risks and complications during surgery?
- What will be the approximate downtime involved?
- Is the recovery going to be long and painful?
- What kind of temporary lifestyle changes I may be required to adopt?
- How long will I be required to wear the compression garment after liposuction?
External IncisionOpen rhinoplasty, as the name suggests, will involve an external incision made in the columella, which is the thin, vertical strip dividing the nostrils. Through this incision, the surgeon will gently lift off the nasal skin and soft tissue to gain access to the underlying nose structures. More invasive but precise corrections can be performed with open rhinoplasty plastic surgery technique because the nasal anatomy will be openly visible. A judicious and practiced nose surgeon will ensure that the external incision is placed as inconspicuously as possible and connect it with other incisions that are concealed inside the nose. Surgical manipulation can be performed effectively and nose cartilage can be reshaped as needed through this incision using advanced surgical tools.
AdvantagesSupporters of open rhinoplasty technique emphasize that it provides a better visualization of the underlying nasal structures and creates a more direct route for surgical corrections due to the fully open nose. This allows the surgeon to create more dramatic improvements in a precise manner, leading to enhanced facial harmony and a very desirable shape of nose. Some amount of scar tissue will occur outside the nose because of the external incision, but a skilled surgeon can keep the scarring discreet and confine the incision to the base of the nose. In most cases, the final scar will be barely visible once the nose has fully healed. Advanced surgical techniques have made even open rhinoplasty a relatively less invasive procedure than before. Now surgeons utilize highly powerful surgical tools to make very precise alterations to the bone and cartilage. Minimal disruption to the surrounding tissue occurs with these high precision devices. The surgeon can usually repair a nasal injury or improve a deviated septum without having to re-fracture the nose.
What can Open Rhinoplasty do?Significant modifications to the size, shape and overall nasal appearance can be achieved with open rhinoplasty. In some cases, the surgeon may perform this technique in combination with chin implants to improve facial balance. Open rhinoplasty can help create the following corrections:
- Narrowing of the nose bridge
- Reshaping of the nostrils
- Refining of the nose tip
- Straightening of a crooked nose
- Increasing or reducing the nose size
- Correcting the angle between the nose and the upper lips
- Addressing breathing obstruction in the nostrils
- Reconstructing the nose
- Performing a revision nose surgery