Breast Implants Exchange Surgery: Questions to Ask Your Plastic Surgeon
Breast implants exchange
is a cosmetic surgery procedure designed to replace old implants with new ones, which could of the same or different type, size, and shape. Implants exchange plastic surgery may be required as a necessity due to failure of primary implants, or because the patient has an aesthetic need to replace the old implants with new ones. In any case, before going ahead with the decision to replace implants, the patient should clarify all their doubts and concerns with the cosmetic surgeon.
It will help her to make a better informed decision about the procedure. Dr. Hisham Seify
is a board certified plastic surgeon providing breast implants exchange and other procedures to patients in Newport Beach, Orange County, CA, and nearby locations. During the initial consultation, Dr. Seify will encourage the patient to ask questions and address them in adequate details.
Surgeon’s Academic Background
Patient should have a clear idea about the skills, training and experience of the surgeon, particularly for a major procedure such as breast implants exchange cosmetic surgery.
o Are you a board certified plastic surgeon?
o What is your experience in performing breast implants exchange procedure specifically?
o How many breast surgeries do you perform each year on average?
o What has been your rate of success in performing breast implant exchange procedure?
• Will you provide breast implant exchange before and after pictures of previous patients?
• Do you receive patients regularly from Newport Beach, Orange County, CA, and surrounding areas for breast procedures?
• Would it be possible for me to interact with your staff to learn more about your plastic surgery practice?
• What is the policy of your practice with regard to breast revision, if necessary?
➢ Should I replace the implants with the same type and size as the previous ones?
➢ Looking at my current physical appearance and breast anatomy, what implant size would be more appropriate?
➢ Would the implant placement involve surgical re-sizing of the existing breast cavity?
➢ How much will be the cost of the new implants?
Risks and Complications
-Are the potential risks and complications similar to that of the primary breast augmentation?
-Are there ways to prevent or reduce the risk of complications?
-Are there any precautions I should take to reduce the chances of implant failure again?
-If any complication develops after the procedure, do you have an expense policy on that?
-Should I get myself insured against potential complications?
Preparation and Recovery
• What kind of lifestyle or diet changes may be necessary during the recovery period?
• What exercises should I perform to reduce swelling during the recovery?
• Prior to the procedure, will I have to re-schedule my regular medications or herbal supplements?
• In how many days will I be able to return to work after the surgery?
An experienced surgeon will usually address most of these queries on their own accord at the time of pre-op consultations. However, the patient should also maintain a list of questions and be completely satisfied before making a decision on the procedure.
See more procedures and treatments by plastic surgeon Dr. Hisham Seify in Newport Beach | Orange County
Click here to schedule a consultation
or call 949-251-1502