Who says you can’t get a new lease on life just by doing a little self-reflection? As we all know it’s often not how we look, but how we feel about ourselves that matters most in day-to-day life. If your 2012 is looking like the perfect time for new beginnings, take some of this time for yourself. Are there parts of your body where you’d love to see an improvement that you just can’t seem to get by following nature’s rules alone? Are you wondering what improvements are possible?
Small Changes, Giant Results
First, plastic surgery isn’t all about high stakes and drastic measures. It’s also not about hating the skin you’re in. Many people are perfectly happy with their appearance, but there’s that one wrinkle that plagues them every time they look in the mirror. Or perhaps you’ve slaved away since last New Year’s Day at the gym only to see that one trouble area persist. Some of the small procedures available today can yield enormous results without breaking your pocket book or forcing you to take time off work. These include:
- Botox/Injectable Fillers
- Cellulite/Fat Reduction
- Skin Peels/Facials
- Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Laser Vein Treatment
These treatments can take years off your age, improve your self-image as you step into your future, or simply get rid of something that’s been annoying you ever since your high school days.
Getting Around Genetics
Genetics also play an enormous role in the structural shape of your body. Oftentimes your trouble spots are entirely out of your control. Adjusting these areas of your body can do wonders for your self-confidence, socializing, and quality of life. As plastic surgery grows in popularity, the possibilities have exploded.
- Blepharoplasty is one plastic surgery that may even be covered by your insurance. If your genetics have cursed you with baggy eyelids that obscure your field of vision, you may be eligible to shave off most of the cost to see clearly.
- Otoplasty is designed to reduce the size of large ears and help them lie closer to the head.
- Breast enhancements and breast lifts are some of the most popular plastic surgeries to date. These procedures can completely change a woman’s figure. If you’ve been yearning for a more feminine shape, this type of surgery can also open up an entirely new world of clothing options.
- Gynecomastias can help a man pare down an ample chest and create a more masculine contour.
Aiding the Exercise Regimen
A big part of being the best version of yourself includes making sure that you practice a healthy lifestyle. Exercise and eating right are two non-surgical changes that can often make the most drastic difference. But if the exercise bike and the weights just aren’t cutting it, body sculpting can help take you that one last mile.
- Liposuction can remove a stubborn chunk that just won’t budge. Maybe it’s on your thighs or your abdomen, or maybe your upper arms are feeling a little extra cushiony. Oftentimes our bodies store fat in one awkward area. Liposuction can remove fat cells from that specific area and improve your shape permanently.
- Abdominoplasty is most popular with mothers. Child-bearing causes your body to undergo enormous changes. This procedure removes stretched out skin, allowing you to regain that pre-child bikini belly. An abdominoplasty is often performed in conjunction with a “Mommy Makeover” where a breast lift, liposuction, and breast augmentation can help you bounce back to your original figure.
You don’t have to be shy or naturally self-conscious to be insecure about a part of your body. We all have our own standard of beauty, our own preferences, parts of our bodies that we love, and parts that could use a tweak or two. There’s nothing wrong with self-improvement. We all do it every day with how we work, how we run our lives, and how we manage our relationships. Being the best that we can be doesn’t have to stop at our personality. With today’s advancements, we can extend this to our bodies as well, and take a comprehensive approach to being the best of who we are.